Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's for real!!

Recently I've been worried that my pregnancy has been too easy and that the baby was not growing as it should. Every time I went to the doctor I'd say, "I just don't feel pregnant!" and every time the answer was, "Once you hear the heart beat, it'll change."

Yesterday, at my 11 week mark, Adam and I headed into the doctors office-- I was bracing myself for the worst and Adam was in a great mood, even telling me, "Hope you gained weight!" as I stepped on the scale.

We met our fantastic doctor and then he showed us this:

See that????? That's a baby! Its little arms were moving so fast and I couldn't stop staring at the screen. I still can't believe that little thing is inside me, with a healthy heart beat and wiggly arms.

Adam was ecstatic as well but the highlight of his day came when the doctor said, "Ooh see that? That's the pelvic bone and usually it looks the same for boys and girls at this point but if I had to bet on it, I'd say this one looks like a little boy."






I keep telling Adam that there is a chance it could be a girl and to brace himself if it is, but regardless we're just happy we have a healthy baby!

12 comments:

  1. wow that's crazy! i'm so excited for you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I feel the same way before every doctor appointment. I get all pent up with worry and of course, everything is fine. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones that you don't 'feel' pregnant, too! Wow, I can't wait to see if your doctor really is right about the sex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy is amazing! It's so alien to think about... but such a miracle. That's so cool Tara. I'm really excited to experience that some day. Congrats on the healthy baby so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Nelsons can only have boys, so their is no reason to think that it may be a girl (I have no idea where Kailey came from, I think she is the one drop of exception in a sea of rule).

    ReplyDelete
  5. As everyone knows, I rarely leave comments on blogs. However, I am compelled to do so now. HOW AWESOME IS IT THAT ADAM AND TARA ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Good looking kid, even if he (or maybe she) is little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I'll be honest, I didn't stop worrying until she was actually in my arms. Hopefully you aren't as crazy as I am :) I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a cutie! I love that little jellybean already! I'm so excited! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations, Tara! I can't believe we are going to be popping out children! Crazy thought! That feeling of 'not being pregnant' tends to continue throughout pregnancy! You should rent a doppler for a month! Its just fun to say "hi" whenever you please! (Bellybeats.com) is the best! Any who, keep us posted on the sex!! If you doctor was right, that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not that I want to burst your bubble if there is one, but our doctor said the same thing... and we have a GIRL! So yes Tara, there always is a chance! :-) I am excited for you though! What a wonderful moment! I'm glad you are not going through bouts of sickness. You will feel pregnant all in good time, don't rush it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness! Adam, he looks just like you looked at that age! We are soooooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for you guys! I think I have to bet on a boy, since that is what most other people are having these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting!!! I can' wait til you post a picture of "the bump" :)

    ReplyDelete