Friday, October 9, 2009

Garden Sadness

Well the growing season has come to an end, and my mutant tomatoes have finally met their maker. At the end of the season I calculated my prized tomato plant to occupy about 180 cubic feet (6’x6’x5’) with a more than a 75 tomatoes a week. We stopped picking zucchinis soon after the rocket zucchini was picked so by the time the first freeze came we had 10 more that size and many more of smaller various sizes.
Our green thumb luck has prompted us to start preparing for next year. We have been pulling seeds out of all of our domestic and commercially grown produce, and have plans to build a green house in the basement that a cannabis cultivator could be proud of. We’re going to double the size of our garden this fall before things get too cold in anticipation of our numerous hearty seedlings coming next season.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think you can out garden me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! share the wealth! I can't grow anything! I am terrible at it

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLLLLLOOOOOO. I've not idea how I missed this post, but somehow I did. Anywho, I LOVE your garden and your green thumb. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are saving your seeds for next year. Why, oh, why don't we live closer together? We could have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete