When I got the buggy many years ago, I would’ve told you that it was going to be “manageable” and would be one of my “quicker projects”, BUT as I reflect upon what I’ve done to the car I’ve had to reevaluate the depth of this project.
Soon the glorious day will arrive when I will triumphantly pilot my mona lisa to the- ahhh- nearest safety inspection site. Honestly, after I replace, retrofit, or rebuild every component of the car, I start to second guess my work and wonder “hmmm… did I really remember everything?” and “should I actually drive it on public roads / at all?” or “maybe I consider it a triumphant journey, crack the ceremonial bottle of Champaign over the hood, and haul it to the nearest dump?” I know what you’re thinking -and- don’t worry about the hood, it’s Rhino Lined.
But seriously I’m getting closer. I got the seat motor wiring harness installed this Saturday (a task I have been avoiding for quite some time) and got half the seat mounting brackets built. It’s fair to say that from the driver seat back the buggy is finished, The wiring in the engine compartment is a work of art (they make the land rover harness they originated from look like black dog poo), The brakes work perfectly (at least the 4 foot push test rendered them to be in tip top shape), and the engine is mostly new and in a semi-reliable state (nothing I have done can validate this statement, but as far as I can tell it won’t explode).
All joking aside the car is going to be very safe. I would put its safety rating somewhere between a brand new civic and a pinto.
Okay, I've been behind on the blog reading but HOLY COW I've loved looking at your pictures of that gorgeous little Rhea! I feel bad I didn't get better pics of Lydia on her blessing day. And Addy, no you're not foolish, you're amazing! Keep on going!
ReplyDeleteseriously it's time for some new blog posts. you've got the cutest kid and you are being selfish not posting more pictures of her. stop being so selfish.
ReplyDelete