Monday, July 7, 2008

And I'm Proud to Be an American.. that will never take Pepto Bismal again


Well, Adam and I had a fun 4th of July.... ok, more like 3rd of July. We watched fireworks at a golf course in Bountiful. The fireworks were amazing, especially since last year we missed fireworks because Transformers came out and that obviously trumps fireworks. We also brought Oliver, who didn't like the fireworks but got back at us by trying to mark every bush we passed on the walk back to the car, occasionally yanking Adam back a few feet and into the kids walking behind us. I'm not going to lie, it was entertaining.

On the actual 4th of July, Adam and I helped out at his parent's house by staining a few :) railings they have in their house...we looked like a disaster. This isn't a full body shot but if it was, you'd see that half the stain made it onto my clothes, instead of the banister. I'm still trying to scrub the color off of my pale, pale skin.


And to end our fun week, Sunday morning while getting ready for church Adam came out of the bathroom saying,
"Hun, I have something to show you but you can't freak out, Okay?"
"Uh.. (I'm thinking its another spider he tried to catch... but didn't) Okay"
Shows me his BLACK tongue.
"
Adam thats sick, and looks like it'll kill you"

After a few moments of panic, a phone call to my mom, and a visit to mayoclinic.com we found out that the SIX pepto bismal tablets that Adam took the night before can cause this reaction called "Black hairy tongue" if your mouth doesn't receive fluids over a certain period of time. After a few hard brushings of his tongue and a lot of mouthwash, his tongue is back to normal.....

BUT for those of you who are dying to see what it looked like here is a picture after a few scrubs with the tooth brush. (WARNING: This is a graphic image that may cause nausea)

(Yes, it's sideways but I'm too lazy to change it.... and I think it gives a little bit better view)

5 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh, when Caleb and I were dating we made the terrible mistake of taking the mutt to the fireworks for the 24th of July. We spent the entire time trapping him under the blanket so he wouldn't bolt. :) He's such baby sometimes...

    Yeah for hard labor on the 4th! And Addy's tongue...it wasn't actually hairy was it? I think that would frighten me more than the blackness. :) So glad it wasn't something serious! Or long lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love your blog! Adam, what did you eat that merited six peptos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy lip adam.
    your lips are bigger than your tounge

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty nasty Adam, thanks for sharing!! How did you guys get so much stain on your face?

    ReplyDelete