Wednesday, July 2, 2008

365 days and counting...

Monday was mine and Adam's year anniversary. Adam surprised me all day with wonderful shopping and activities, ending in a stay at the Park City Marriott with it's three (count 'em, THREE) jacuzzis. However, to try to include adam in our blog, I asked him to write about our lovely day, so, stories to come :)

I thought I would write about a few things that I love about Adam (since we made a pact that there would be no gift exchange and Adam seriously violated it... in a great way).

I can wake him up at all hours to kill a spider. The place we're living in has a serious spider problem which causes my anxiety to climb to considerable heights. But, not to fear! Adam moans and groans but eventually gets the disgusting creatures with just a kleenex (I can't even watch it) and all is well in the world.

He can do ANYTHING... except spell. Seriously, I can ask him to climb a 50 ft tree, and he'd do it. My brother asks him to help tile the bathroom? Done. My mom needs a new kitchen faucet installed? Easy. Make a fountain out of Pumpkins? Piece of cake. I married the handiest man.

He gets me out of my comfort zone. He took me rock climbing, made me ride a jet ski (I have been terrified of them ever since one BACKFIRED in my face.), took me four wheeling (does driving around the B in bountiful count?) and made me try fried zucchini.

He makes me laugh. I remember the first time we hung out and he had me rolling on the floor laughing with his impression of Lee, the asian girl in his studio, or when he sings to Journey's "Don't stop believing"

He is always calm. I can get very stressed out about the simplest things, and Adam coolly sits back and says, "it'll be okay, no worries." It's an impressive trait I hope to have....someday.

Lastly, Adam is very loving. He is always telling me how great I look, and how much he appreciates me. He drops anything he is doing to support me and always puts our relationship first.

Thank you for a great year Adam! I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Your wedding day was so beautiful, I was so glad to be there. I absolutely love Addy (he is VERY handy..two hands way up!) and am so glad he found himself such a fantastic wife. :) I remember calling Caleb after your wedding breakfast and telling him that I loved you already. Two seconds, that's all it took! You guys are fabulous, and we can't wait to see you soon!

    (We're also coming up at the end of the month for Lake Powell, and may have time to plan a little get together with everyone...I'll keep you updated!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy One Year! We are so happy you married Adam! You guys are great together! Even Robert loves him, and he is very picky about the people he decides to love! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...you are too cute Tara!! As I was reading your post I got goose bumps. You guys are so great. We miss you so much, it honestly hurts. Man, I kinda wish you weren't so great so we didn't have to miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe how inspiring! congratulations on one year of wedding bliss!!

    ReplyDelete