Monday, September 15, 2008

Catch up

I can't believe that Adam has been posting more than me! I guess that English 1010 class he "can't stand" is influencing him for the better. Who can blame him? Tell me, is there someone out that that doesn't love a good post?

I thought I'd write to catch you up on a few happenings over the past few weeks. One of my classes at school is a poetry writing class (Yeah, I know what you're thinking and it is all feel good, read in a circle and hold hands. Its fantastic.) Anyway, the first day my teacher, in order to prevent stereotyping us as group A and group B placed our class into the "Fir" group and the "Pine" group. Yeah, I'm being serious.... she grouped us after trees and I'm a Fir. Then, after our grouping, she explained to us that our poetry will suck (her words exactly) the first few weeks of class, we should get used to wasting a lot of paper. This all sounded fine and dandy to me, nothing new, until she said....."Wasting paper isn't a bad thing until we all find out in the afterlife that God is a tree." I kid you not people. God as a tree? I started looking around the room and NO ONE responded... as if assuming God as a tree is a common belief here in Logan, UTAH.

I truly love my poetry class with my hippie teacher and her Tree God fearing ways.

Moving on... Do you ever get a craving for Sonic? Well, Adam and I are usually hit with the craving around 10 or 11 at night. So, last Wednesday night we decided to treat ourselves and make a run to Sonic. After placing our order, Adam and I were casually talking while Michael Jackson's "Beat It" played in the background. When the Sonic man (What do you call them when they're on skates?) came up to give us our food and take payment. Adam, as usual, grabbed the food then went to hand the man money and suddenly sang, "Just beat it" That's it. Proceeded by nothing and followed by nothing. The poor sonic man just stared and slowly backed away. Adam turned to me and said, "Did I just tell that guy to beat it?" I started laughing my hyena laugh (which is no good for those of you who have yet to experience it). Thinking in my mind that it is possibly one of the worst things a straight-interior designer-commonly -confused -as- gay could say to someone. I had no words for consolation. Adam, in his plight to prove his straightness tried to apologize to the guy, only to receive, "Uh, no it's cool dude. Uh, yeah don't worry about it." Followed by the same awkward backing away. Oh Sonic, you never let us down.

So, yes school and life up here in Logan are going well. I'll let you know if Adam has anymore random spouting of Michael Jackson lyrics. Kimmie- I think we've found you a karaoke partner :)

6 comments:

  1. awesome sonic story--- i laughed out loud..lol lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I understand the awesomeness of this more then anyone. I wish we were there to share in the hilariousness of it. Blogging about it is second best though, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my morning! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, next time you go to Sonic you should search out the same guy, and tell him, "Billy Jean is not my lover. She's just a girl who thinks that I am the one." See how he responds to that Michael Jackson song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made a few late night Sonic runs with Jeff a few times and they are always such a treat. This, however, has topped any and all Sonic experiences I've had!

    ReplyDelete