what do you get when you combine river water, plywood, and ingenuity? River Boarding. How had I missed this earlier? I don't know, but if one person was to introduce me to it, it would be Jesse.
Today after class I found myself standing above a bridge looking down asking "so you just stand on the plywood?". "yep" he responded, and that was it. we tied one end of the rope to the bridge railing and in we went. as you can see in the pictures and the movie it wasn't to hard for a first timer.
There was one bit of advice that was more important than the others and that was "If you fall- DON'T LET GO". Imagine the sound that a school girl would make after being thrown into a giant glass of ice water. Now imagine it coming out of my mouth. in the midst of all this I can hear Jesse saying "hey... hey, before you stand up, look up here". click... click... and then one last shutter click to show the wold our joy.
Oh, I miss you boys!!! This is SUCH a Jesse thing. Can we go when I'm not like, large with child?
ReplyDeleteyou are lucky that you did not KILL yourself, but very cool. I want to try.
ReplyDeleteDude, I'm so jelous! Jesse looks like he's mastered it. I would probably be hanging around that all day when I should be in school or work!
ReplyDeleteWE NEED TO DO THIS!
PS - that was Cabe. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Tara! I love your blog! It was awesome getting to know you a little better the other day, and we will totally have to have a game night or something!!
ReplyDeleteNature, oh how I miss nature. Don't get me wrong, we went to the american museum of natural history today and then walked through central park to stop in at the MET, but i really miss the mountains, and Logan, and good friends like you guys. we're excited for you to visit.
ReplyDeleteadam-
ReplyDeleteyou should check this site out:
http://www.farmdesigns.co.uk
i think you'll find it interesting.