Monday, November 3, 2008

Is it November Already?

Whew! October flew by and I've been a crappy blogger. Forgive me? Our month started off with a trip to AZ for the weekend, only to come back to Adam's brother Eric and his family visiting. Oh the children are adorable! We loved visiting with them and I had some quality time with the newest addition to the family, Kailey:



After the weekend with the families we began to celebrate Halloween! Thanks to the tacky Utah morning shows that I never watch but always leave on just to groan at, showed us how to make these little gems:

That's right, mini-Carmel apples. Oh, so good. Then came the Halloween parties. Adam and I, not wanting to blend in the nasty, scandily clad girls and boys, opted to go as Mechanics. My brother Michael and a few of his friends came up to party with us as well.
See our tattoos? We got plenty of stares but rest easy, it's a tattoo sleeve. It made Adam feel like a man.

Where's Waldo?? Ohhhh, there he is!! Michael and his buddy Chase, cute as ever.


Lastly, as a nice treat for our cute trick or treaters....

One cute little kid dressed as a skunk who came to our door was very confused by Oliver. He screamed, "Bee! Oh, its a dog? No, bee. Dog? Mommy, what is that?" It made my night.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Bear was SO annoying with the doorbell, I wanted to strangle him. It was a lesson in patience, for sure!

    Love your costumes! Did you go to the Howl? I figured that's what you might mean by scantily clad people. :) A fun time for sure, but I've never seen such nasty costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO I have to know what is the green portion on those candy apples! Yum! Your costume was cute- I ended up just throwin' on a mask and passing out candy to the 6 (literally) trick or treaters we had! My how times have changed for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mini Carmel apples are just green apples but scooped with a melon baller. The green is the skin of the apple... make sure each one has skin on it so the Carmel sticks. Then we just dipped them in Carmel and sprinkles with a tooth pick in the middle. So easy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little girl on your lap!! We had a great time seeing you guys. Love your costumes, especially the tattoo sleeve-that is pretty cool. Looks like you guys had fun as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I love the mechanic costumes! What a fun idea! Tara, you still manage to look pretty, even as a grease monkey! Halloween is super fun, but Christmas will be even better causeyou guys will be here!!! We're beyond excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so want a baby!!! I can see it in your eyes! Where was this halloween party at? It looked like fun! It would have been better if we were there;)You guys are way better parents then us, we didn't even dress Reggie up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam looks like a dirty mechanic named Gustavo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys look so cute! I'm sad we couldn't make it...stinkin army...next year :-)

    Can I get your current address??? It's time to send out Christmas cards :-)

    ReplyDelete