
I will start with yesterday. While on my way home I came upon the famed Old Main Hill. I no longer have the courage to bomb old main, but I still have enough ego that I can’t walk down the stairs. So now I long board onto it, then dismount and walk about halfway down and get back on (this is surely much cooler than walking down the stairs). Over the past weekend a lot of leafs have fallen from the trees and maintenance pushed most of them two third of the way down the hill. If you can imagine a leaf pile (let’s call it a Leaf Fortress) that stretched 1000 feet long but was only 15 feet wide. I had to cross it, but where? I approached it slowly and then picked a narrow section and blasted through the leafs. Have you ever seen movies where cars blast through snow piles, I’m the car and the snow are my leafs. I arrive, Hollywood picture perfect, at the bottom of Old Main. Fast forward to today. Same as before, I walk about halfway down, but this time I want a more dramatic explosion through the leafs so I gain speed early and pick a nice thick area. I hit the leafs with effortless grace. Ka-pow, leafs go everywhere. Its like a childhood autumn dream on crack. Pause- now think back to one word in my previous post: potholes! Upon arriving to the end of my blissful passage of the leaf fortress something lurked below the surface I could not see. As my front wheels dipped, my shoes gripped, and I flipped. I flew forward in the superman position hitting the ground equally across my hip, elbow and face. Quickly I jumped up and got back on my board (this was the ego in me). I looked around knowing that a lot of people saw me fall. I Quickly perused the end of the grass and again came upon a piles of leafs. In an effort to redeem myself I pointed straight into them. My front wheels dipped, my shoes gripped, and I flipped once again. I decided to walk the rest of Old Main.
No comments:
Post a Comment