answer: the same way you clean your dirty dog.
When I was getting these seat belts out of the junked Land Rover it was 8 degrees outside and one of the seat belts was under an inch and half of ice. As I chipped through it I encountered ice that I have never seen before; a sort of super ice. Right now you might be chuckling to yourself with this vision of me kneeling in the back of this junked car with no windows, as I chipped away at the ice with nothing more than a flat headed screwdriver and a light zip hoodie to keep me warm. With my screwdriver chipping out little diamond like goodies I came to a realization- this isn’t supper ice, it’s not ice at all, at least the majority of it isn't ice that is. I sat back on my ankles from the crouched over position to truly understand why the crisp bitter breeze that I had not felt working in some of the other car was so prevalent. This vehicle had come equipped with 7 windows and 2 sunroofs, most of which, after the obvious rollover had come to rest on the floor.
Need I say anymore?
So the seat belts were dirty and they needed a soapy bath.
In the picture are 2 retracting belts, for the front seats, that will bolt to the roll cage above the drivers and passengers heads. Also down in the tub are the 2 lap belts for the rear seats.
There has also been some requests for pictures of the buggy. I won’t defend anything you see here other than you need to consider that in this picture there are no front seats, no hood, one missing headlight, no blinker lights, no windshield, the car has sawdust all over it, there is garbage covering my bamboo floor, and I have not yet added carpet over the middle consol. Other than that judge away.
All I can say is that I am definitely going for a ride in this!
ReplyDeleteAh, the good 'ole days! Remember when we ditched class and took your jeep up to the B and got stuck? You made me get out so that you could rock the car (I think we high centered) and I remember thinking, "This is SO much better than Pre-Calculus..."
You should be so proud of yourself! I am so impressed that you just teach yourself how to make all this come together. I don't know how you do it, but it's impressive.
ReplyDelete