Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meant to be

As I mentioned in my post about New York, we visited an amazing bakery, Magnolia Bakery. Last Wednesday, while daydreaming at work, I began to crave the amazing vanilla cake and chocolate butter cream frosting I had from the bakery. In a moment of desperation I checked online to see if there was anyway I could pay to have a cake shipped to me. I realize how unrealistic that idea is but like I stated, I was daydreaming at work and I craving it. When those two combine, my mind allows me to believe that anything is possible.
Fast forward to Friday afternoon....

My mom flies to Provo twice a year for a meeting at BYU. Adam and I always try to make time to see her. Friday afternoon we met at the gateway for lunch. After lunch, with some extra time before my mom needed to catch her flight, we wandered around the shops. We wandered in a few stores, ending up in Anthropologie. Adam rolled his eyes knowing I'd find something because honestly, is it possible to walk out of that store empty handed? My mom had her eye on an amazing headboard while I perused the random (and the least expensive) trinket items when I saw it.

A cookbook from Magnolia Bakery. I shrieked. Quickly flipping through the pages I saw the recipe for the vanilla cake, chocolate cupcakes, and the amazing butter cream frosting. I had to have it. Adam has learned to pick his fights and he didn't even voice concern. Concern? Oh right, concern that I might spend every waking moment in the kitchen baking.

Tonight I made cupcakes. Absolute heaven.

5 comments:

  1. how in the world did you do the frosting so pretty? whenever I bake the frosting is a big mess!! they came out beautifully and now that you can cook the goods I'll just order them from you, knowing you can fedex me a cupcake, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those do look professional. They even look better than the ones at the bakery! You should seriously consider opening up your own little bakery...that reminds me I want to look into taking some sort of cooking or baking class when we get back to Logan. Would you be at all interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. send me the recipe! they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please send Brooke the recipe. they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I NEED those. Gorgeous pictures, too!

    Anthropologie. Seriously, that place is amazing.

    ReplyDelete