Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just can't get enough

Adam and I just got back from a fun week in Arizona visiting my side of the family. We had plans to soak up the sun, swim, relax, soak up the sun and soak up the sun. Can you tell the winter almost killed me? I have never been more excited to sweat. We had a great time, I love visiting my family and seeing old friends. I only wish I had some pictures to show for it...

Right before we left for New York in March Adam began to beg for a new camera. "Sure," I said, "a new camera would be nice." Being the novice I am, I thought he would go get a simple point and shoot camera, nothing fancy. Ha. Adam had his eyes set on a digital SLR, after being intrigued by his friend Caleb's P-log. He begged and I said no. I hoped that would be the end of it. But after New York, Adam, never being one to back down, found a killer deal on the camera and I gave in. However, it's been a lot more fun than I expected. I love that I am able to take amazing (Ha. Well, what I think to be amazing) photos without much effort. Definitely money well spent.

So it's understandable that I was really excited to take pictures of our weekend in Arizona with my family because for some reason there has been a serious lack of photos in the past few years. I did take photos but only 3 included me, and not one photo included Adam or any other member of my family. The reason? I couldn't keep myself from snapping these two:


I could not stop taking photos of Stanton (my nephew) and Noelle (my niece). I hadn't seen them since Christmas and their cuteness was out of control. Our entire trip wasn't spent outside playing in diapers but would you really want to see pictures of anything else? I didn't think so.



Love this girl



Question: How can you tell we're related? I'll give you a hint: its the pasty skin



Stanton watching baseball while out at lunch
(That's my brother Robert,their dad, in the background with a sleepy Noelle)



Did I mention that the Curry's like to read naked? Noelle's getting a head start on tradition


Mmm....I'm going to miss that belly.



**Stanton and Noelle's mom, my sister in law Kimmie, has a fantastic blog that shares even more cute photos, videos and stories of the kids. I love it because it makes me feel a little closer to home and I can always count on her comments to crack me up.


4 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Gosh.

    That picture of Noelle standing on her books in her diaper!? ALMOST DID ME IN. It's stuff like that that makes me want to have like, nine million kids. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had SO much fun with you guys! Thanks for taking such cute pics of my kiddos! They love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara-these pictures are an answer to life's question, is it or is not time to procreate?? These children are your answer!! Start now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pics! but whats this curry tradition to read naked... ???

    ReplyDelete