My hope is that by announcing our projects to you I will feel pressure to complete them quicker.
First: Dresser. We picked up this dresser at an estate sale for 50 bucks! Its mint condition hardwood oak with ball bearing drawer gliders. It was such a great deal it's like we stole it from some old lady. In reality, since this was an estate sale, that old lady is probably dead- don't feel bad. we just started to sand it so it looks a little worn already. Next it will get a coat of a burnt orange-red paint with new hardware.
Second: Art Wall. This consists of 26 12"x 12"x 2" squares each with a letter of the alphabet on them. we have the letters and squares cut, we just need to do a lot of assembling.
Third: Trirug. We couldn't find a rug we liked in our price range. The plan is to take Three rugs and turn them into one large rug. This will be much easier said than done. As a matter of fact, if you have any information as to how to do this- I'm all ears.
Fourth: Flying Light Bulb. Tara does not know about this one, but I'll see if I can squeak this by before operation stork goes into effect. I have these giant light bulbs, and I think I'm going to order some kids costume wings to create a larger version of one of these-
I'm basically in love with this light. Good thing it didn't come along before Tara.
So that's whats on the agenda. If you would like to help or just root from the side lines let us know; we'll need it all.
that is quite the list! I remember that scrambling feeling well!! let us know if we can help!
ReplyDeletei would love nothing more than to help! i wish i could, i'd come right over. i don't know what kind of help i'd be, but i could make some mean cookies or something. :) LOVE that dresser! $50?! that's insane.
ReplyDeleteyeah kim, but will you love it when it's burnt orange?
ReplyDeleteas for the rug idea, do you have 3 rugs already that you want to make into one? I saw some girls who made their own rug by going to a carpet store and they got 12x12 samples that had complimentary colors and then they just used a tough adhesive on the bottom.