Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another Good Day

Today we just relaxed and took it slow. we had lunch at a pancake house and just wandered back to the condo from there. WARNING to all with little children: The next picture (after the one below) would raise questions that a parent might not yet want to answer!!!

We saw all sorts of neat things in the market place, but nothing we passed surpassed this mother and duaghter statue. I wanted to buy it for Tara as good luck omen and also as a sort of practicle training visual aid (like a CPR dummy), but I was told NO. actually I was told I shouldn't even put it on our blog, but after seeing it can you imagine having not seen it? I don't think so. Wishing you had never seen it? Maybe.

This is where we went to dinner -Agave Grill. It was a muy bueno. I had the vanilla shrimp with a fried banana cake. very very yummy

Oh Don Tequila, need I say any more?

My favorite pic of the day. Unfotunatly it came out a little blurry. :(

People here carve these sand castle creations right off of the board walk and then put out donation boxes. This one was kind lame, I'll try harder to find a better one. And if your wondering, I did give them a donation- $1.50 pesos or about 12 cents US. what can I say, I like to support the local economy.

2 comments:

  1. Ironically enough when I went to Mexico about 20 years ago I got me one of those statues. It brought much laughter...and come to think of it, I have no idea what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is it supposed to be!? i mean, i've heard of fertility statues, but labor statues?

    caleb just had to scratch his eyeballs out. :)

    ReplyDelete