Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our Last Full Day

It’s our last day and we were finally accepted into the prestigious Panther Club. We received this ring at the climax of the initiation ceremony where the ring had previously been fed to a panther and the panther master ceremoniously cut it from the panther’s belly. Hi-ya! OK, there is no panther club, just the cool panther club ring. Maybe I can start a panther club, more panther rings and less panther belly cutting. Wanna join?

Mexico is just fun to take pictures of.

Tara took this picture with the hard camera lens. I was so proud. First she bears me a child and now she learns how to use the camera. Could a husband be any prouder? In Tara's defence one of our lens is 100% manual and very hard to use- this was a big day for us.

We ate dinner at the Riverside cafe and as the name states it sits on the riverside right before it connects to the ocean. I had the sea bass. Introspective question: does a statement have any value if I say it was the best sea bass I have ever had- even if I've never had sea bass before?

I've also never had bananas foster before and let me tell you this was quite the show. First our waiter brang out this big table and starts frying up some sugar and bananas. Here comes the fun part. He heats up a gravy bowl with alcohol in it and then gets a partially pealed orange, lights the alcohol and creates a burning orange peel fountain. It was so freakn' cool. Everybody in the restaurant was watching. Did I mention that it could have quite possibly been the best desert I've ever had?

Every night here, there is a Pirate boat that puts on a live theatrical show as it sails around the cove. At some pivotal part it sets off fireworks which fortunately happen on a regular basis right in front of the condo. Tonight we finally got a picture of them before they ended.

There is a small chance that we might get bumped tomorow and be able to have that pay for our next flight here. pray for us. If we do you can look forward to a fantastic set of blog postings once again.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's so much fun to read these posts because of your writing style. You would make a great columnist, I'm sure.

    Sounds like an AWESOME trip! And Tara, you are one cute prego lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, tell Tara I'm super impressed. Took me nine years to figure out manual, and I STILL don't know much.

    Secondly, Abby and I were taught how to make bananas foster, and quite enjoyed the process. We were not taught how to make an orange fire explosion though, so now I feel slighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many things to comment on, but we'll just do a few! We ate at the rooster restaurant, and the little men wouldn't stop singing in our ears and bullied us into tipping them for their crummy music. It was still fun though.
    You're right about the statue, seeing it, I can't imagine having not seen it.
    All the pictures were great, and Tara is a darling prego!
    I love PiPi's! Ad you can count on us to join your panther club, should you ever start one!

    ReplyDelete