Friday, March 19, 2010

The First Two Weeks



My baby is two weeks old! I know everyone says this but where did the time go? To be more accurate, in these past two weeks I usually don't know what day it is, better yet, what time it is because I'm on this odd, bleary eyed schedule. My mom was in town helping out for a week which helped me feel like a normal person who was able to get things done only days after giving birth. But, then she left. And with her left my ability to get ANYTHING done.

But I'm spending my time snuggling my sweet (and tiny!) little girl, going on walks, and watching my days blur into a schedule of feedings and sleeping.



As for stats, Rhea left the hospital at a whopping 4lbs 15oz but is now back up to 5lbs 5oz. My mom and I had to run out and grab a weeks worth of preemie clothing for her because she doesn't come close to fitting into newborn sizes yet. She is in the 5th percentile for weight and 10th for her height. At the doctors yesterday I asked if he could estimate how big she will be when we bless her at 2 months... his guess? 8lbs. Ha! That's barely out of newborn sizes.
So far, Rhea is a very easy baby. She doesn't cry or get fussy, except for bath time. But, even then she can stretch her entire body and not even touch the sides of the sink. She has my dandilion hair and Adam's long hands and feet. We're loving every minute with her, even those late night feedings that already have me craving a full nights rest. :)

Oliver is slowly adjusting to no longer having the best lap spot


6 comments:

  1. so tiny and adorable!! i weighed 5 lbs 1 oz, and my mom still has several of my first "clothes". they look comically small. the good thing though, is that you'll get lots of use out of everything! i'm pulling out wyatt's shirts and shorts from last summer, and looks like most of them will fit again. :) i told caleb that just means i can keep shopping though, since they'll last forever.

    again, just enjoy and don't worry too much with to-do's. she is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you multitasking!

    Oh man, those pictures and your words take me back. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was in your place with a two week old baby. And yes, feeling very bleary.

    But the funny thing is, that was only about a month ago, and things are so different and so much easier now.

    They say it just gets better, and they're right!

    Love the updates. You're gorgeous, and so is that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! And so very tiny! Neither of my girls were ever that tiny. My second was a wopping 9lbs when she was born! Things do get better with time but enjoy it while she just snuggles close to you and isn't moving all around.

    McKenize

    PS Sorry I stocked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, she is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe you're married, much less have a sweet little baby girl. But you'll make a great mom.

    And so tiny. Makes me want another little baby to just sit and hold. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Rhea is so cute! No wonder Oliver is jealous of her.

    ReplyDelete