Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Smithfield Carnegie Library

Well I've been pretty poor at posting the last few days so I thought I would fill you in as to what I've been doing. I'm not going to lie when I say I'm pretty darn impressed that we were able to pull this altogether in the last 5 days. This might be the only design based project I get to do as a researched based masters student- so I'm trying to savor it (and yes, we do real research in interior design).

This is an adaptive reuse project for the Smithfield Carnegie Library that we are presenting at the intermountain graduate symposium tomorrow. the first board covers whats there now, the second covers an ADA accessible addition and converts the library into a museum, art gallery, and visitors center, and the third board includes the things from the second but proposes a new library addition off the rear of the building. Things are still pretty conceptual, but by next year when we present it at a few conferences it will be more literal.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it!!! Is this just your project, or is it a group project? Now I know why you were having such fun up at the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even going to pretend I understand what you just said, but it looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow, I can't believe you're working on my wonderful, beloved, home town library. The very place where I truly learned to love books. The place where I checked out my first Nancy Drew mystery. The place where I sat for hours doing homework. I am so excited that my Adee is "on the case", and yet a little concerned about my sweet, wonderful libary losing its one-and-onlyness. Can you make the addition look old?? or will it look all modernee??

    ReplyDelete