About a week ago our car started to make the "whine" when you hit the brakes. We knew it was time to change some brake pads. I like working on cars, but only the cars I like working on. when Tara asked me if I would be willing to replace them I kind of squinted my eyes and closed my mouth and murmured "no?" Like I said, I like working on cars, but only cars I like working on. So today I called around to get pricing and it looked like it would cost about $220 to replace the brakes all the way around. This is when I move into "Bartering Mode" "OK, OK, Tara, I guess I could replace the brakes if they are going to be that expensive, but I might needs some tools to do it" wink wink. I told her I would need I new floor jack that could be high enough for our CRV. Well $125 later I had $35 in pads and a fancy $90 floor jack. In terms of opportunity costs- I hit the jackpot. It took me less time than it would have in a tire shop, it was cheaper, and I got some shiny new tools!
You are a wiley one, Addy.
ReplyDeletePlus, it looks like you lost your hands in that picture.
Dude, I love this trick... "They say that 60% of the time... it works everytime."
ReplyDeletegreat movie
ReplyDeleteThat's brilliant! I wonder if Blaine knows how to do that.
ReplyDeleteAny other tactics? I need my front break pads changed and Cory already has a nice and shiny jack...bummer.
ReplyDeleteThat last comment was from me...not Nikki (Hattie)...sorry
ReplyDeleteI just want everyone to know Adam is my son, and I'm very, very proud.
ReplyDelete11:31:36. Not bad timing. But, I bet I could do it in 11:30. Oh, wait... maybe you're not talking about hours, but minutes here! You NEVER moved that fast when you were cleaning your room at home.
ReplyDelete